Alphington Level Crossing
Alphington Level Crossing Location Map
Alphington Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.702 / 50°42'7"N
Longitude: -3.5189 / 3°31'8"W
OS Eastings: 292833
OS Northings: 90254
OS Grid: SX928902
Mapcode National: GBR P1.B96D
Mapcode Global: FRA 37J7.0Y0
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Alphington Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Alphington
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Exeter District (B)
- Postcode: EX2 8QW
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN
- Distance: 196 miles 17 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2015
- Next assessment due: July 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 131
- 14 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
District Council Ward: Alphington
County Council Electoral Division: Alphington and Cowick
County Council: Devon County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Exeter
District Council: Exeter City Council
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.