Avoncliff Level Crossing
Freshford, Bath and North East Somerset
Avoncliff Level Crossing Location Map
Avoncliff Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3401 / 51°20'24"N
Longitude: -2.2979 / 2°17'52"W
OS Eastings: 379342
OS Northings: 160153
OS Grid: ST793601
Mapcode National: GBR 0QZ.V5Z
Mapcode Global: VH96V.4L11
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Avoncliff Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Avoncliff
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Freshford CP
- Postcode: BA2 7WX
- Route: Western
- ELR: BFB0
- Distance: 5 miles 70 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2020
- Next assessment due: August 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70
- Trains per day: 84
- Infrequent vehicular use
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
Unitary Authority: Bath and North East Somerset Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Bathavon South
Civil Parish/community: Freshford
UK Parliament Constituency: North East Somerset
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.