Balsporran Level Crossing
Badenoch and Strathspey, Highland
Balsporran Level Crossing Location Map
Balsporran Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 56.8836 / 56°53'1"N
Longitude: -4.2554 / 4°15'19"W
OS Eastings: 262672
OS Northings: 779182
OS Grid: NN626791
Mapcode National: GBR HBVJ.KHF
Mapcode Global: WH3J7.L7VS
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Balsporran Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Balsporran
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: PH191AF
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: HGL2
- Distance: 54 miles 64 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2020
- Next assessment due: December 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80
- Trains per day: 28
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Badenoch and Strathspey
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
UK Parliament Constituency: Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey
European Region: Scotland
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Skye, Lochaber and Badenoch
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.