Bates Level Crossing
Bates Level Crossing Location Map
Bates Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.4992 / 52°29'57"N
Longitude: 0.176 / 0°10'33"E
OS Eastings: 547804
OS Northings: 291256
OS Grid: TL478912
Mapcode National: GBR M56.99C
Mapcode Global: VHHHS.0FCZ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Bates Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Bates
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Manea CP
- Postcode: PE150HQ
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: EMP
- Distance: 80 miles 28 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2013
- Next assessment due: March 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 176
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
County Council: Cambridgeshire County Council
European Region: Eastern
District Council: Fenland District Council
County Council Electoral Division: Forty Foot
Civil Parish/community: Manea
District Council Ward: Manea
UK Parliament Constituency: North East Cambridgeshire
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.