Benches Lane Level Crossing
Benches Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Benches Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.174 / 51°10'26"N
Longitude: 0.5138 / 0°30'49"E
OS Eastings: 575820
OS Northings: 144646
OS Grid: TQ758446
Mapcode National: GBR PSC.BQP
Mapcode Global: VHJMS.VRHC
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Benches Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Benches Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Marden CP
- Postcode: TN129LE
- Route: Kent
- ELR: XTD0
- Distance: 40 miles 20 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2020
- Next assessment due: June 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100
- Trains per day: 110
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Maidstone and The Weald
District Council: Maidstone Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Maidstone Rural West
Civil Parish/community: Marden
District Council Ward: Marden and Yalding
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.