Bessingby Level Crossing
Bridlington, East Riding of Yorkshire
Bessingby Level Crossing Location Map
Bessingby Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 54.0712 / 54°4'16"N
Longitude: -0.2271 / 0°13'37"W
OS Eastings: 516107
OS Northings: 465372
OS Grid: TA161653
Mapcode National: GBR VPVC.MB
Mapcode Global: WHHF6.HX2T
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Bessingby Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Bessingby
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Bridlington CP
- Postcode: YO153PA
- Route: London North East
- ELR: HBS
- Distance: 29 miles 37 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 56
- 16 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Bridlington
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Bridlington South
Unitary Authority: East Riding of Yorkshire Council
UK Parliament Constituency: East Yorkshire
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.