Blatchbridge Level Crossing
Blatchbridge Level Crossing Location Map
Blatchbridge Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.212 / 51°12'43"N
Longitude: -2.313 / 2°18'46"W
OS Eastings: 378230
OS Northings: 145907
OS Grid: ST782459
Mapcode National: GBR 0SH.XQX
Mapcode Global: VH97D.VSKS
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Blatchbridge Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Blatchbridge
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Selwood CP
- Postcode: BA115EJ
- Route: Western
- ELR: WEY
- Distance: 116 miles 53 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2015
- Next assessment due: March 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 99
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
District Council Ward: Beckington and Selwood
County Council Electoral Division: Frome East
District Council: Mendip District Council
Civil Parish/community: Selwood
County Council: Somerset County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Somerton and Frome
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.