Bowbridge Level Crossing
Bowbridge Level Crossing Location Map
Bowbridge Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.7368 / 51°44'12"N
Longitude: -2.2088 / 2°12'31"W
OS Eastings: 385680
OS Northings: 204249
OS Grid: SO856042
Mapcode National: GBR 1MS.0DF
Mapcode Global: VH94Y.NLPY
- Name: Bowbridge
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Rodborough CP
- Postcode: GL5 2LA
- Route: Western
- ELR: SWM
- Distance: 101 miles 36 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2013
- Next assessment due: August 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50 mph
- Trains per day: 34
- 8 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Gloucestershire County Council
Civil Parish/community: Rodborough
County Council Electoral Division: Rodborough
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: Stroud
District Council: Stroud District Council
District Council Ward: Thrupp
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.