Brightley Mill Level Crossing
Brightley Mill Level Crossing Location Map
Brightley Mill Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9847 / 50°59'4"N
Longitude: -3.9833 / 3°58'59"W
OS Eastings: 260882
OS Northings: 122458
OS Grid: SS608224
Mapcode National: GBR KV.L6QB
Mapcode Global: FRA 26JH.ZZF
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Brightley Mill Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Brightley Mill
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Chittlehampton CP
- Postcode: EX379DB
- Route: Western
- ELR: NDN
- Distance: 203 miles 66 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2014
- Next assessment due: November 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 28
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
Civil Parish/community: Chittlehampton
District Council Ward: Chittlehampton
County Council Electoral Division: Chulmleigh and Swimbridge
County Council: Devon County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: North Devon
District Council: North Devon Council
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.