Brora Level Crossing
East Sutherland and Edderton, Highland
Brora Level Crossing Location Map
Brora Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 58.0102 / 58°0'36"N
Longitude: -3.8526 / 3°51'9"W
OS Eastings: 290626
OS Northings: 903835
OS Grid: NC906038
Mapcode National: GBR J7VK.9Y1
Mapcode Global: WH4CY.SXLP
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Brora Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Brora
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: KW9 6PS
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: WCK
- Distance: 90 miles 31 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 15 mph
- Trains per day: 9
- 558 Vehicles
- 144 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Infrequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Ross
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): East Sutherland and Edderton
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
European Region: Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.