Burrows Lane Level Crossing
Burrows Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Burrows Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2159 / 51°12'57"N
Longitude: -0.4521 / 0°27'7"W
OS Eastings: 508206
OS Northings: 147439
OS Grid: TQ082474
Mapcode National: GBR GF7.LK4
Mapcode Global: VHFVQ.3PVR
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Burrows Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Burrows Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Shere CP
- Postcode: GU5 9LR
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: RSJ
- Distance: 35 miles 60 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
3 (Very High)
- Last assessment: December 2014
- Next assessment due: March 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 74
- 1296 Vehicles
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Half barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
District Council: Guildford Borough Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Mole Valley
Civil Parish/community: Shere
County Council Electoral Division: Shere
European Region: South East
County Council: Surrey County Council
District Council Ward: Tillingbourne
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.