Camel Level Crossing
Camel Level Crossing Location Map
Camel Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0246 / 51°1'28"N
Longitude: -2.566 / 2°33'57"W
OS Eastings: 360397
OS Northings: 125181
OS Grid: ST603251
Mapcode National: GBR MR.HRPR
Mapcode Global: FRA 56JD.L5G
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Camel Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Camel
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Sparkford CP
- Postcode: BA227JF
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: WEY
- Distance: 135 miles 16 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2013
- Next assessment due: December 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 24
- 1 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Camelot
County Council Electoral Division: Castle Cary
County Council: Somerset County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Somerton and Frome
District Council: South Somerset District Council
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: Sparkford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.