Canalside 1 Level Crossing
Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire
Canalside 1 Level Crossing Location Map
Canalside 1 Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.5349 / 51°32'5"N
Longitude: -1.8843 / 1°53'3"W
OS Eastings: 408124
OS Northings: 181788
OS Grid: SU081817
Mapcode National: GBR 3T5.QFX
Mapcode Global: VHB3K.9P75
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Canalside 1 Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Canalside 1
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Wootton Bassett CP
- Postcode: SN4 8SY
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN
- Distance: 81 miles 74 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2014
- Next assessment due: December 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 125 mph
- Trains per day: 161
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: North Wiltshire
Civil Parish/community: Royal Wootton Bassett
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Royal Wootton Bassett South
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.