Canalside 1 Level Crossing
Royal Wootton Bassett, Wiltshire
Canalside 1 Level Crossing Location Map
Canalside 1 Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.5357 / 51°32'8"N
Longitude: -1.8793 / 1°52'45"W
OS Eastings: 408464
OS Northings: 181874
OS Grid: SU084818
Mapcode National: GBR 3T5.RN6
Mapcode Global: VHB3K.CNTL
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Canalside 1 Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Canalside 1
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Wootton Bassett CP
- Postcode: SN4 8SY
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN1
- Distance: 81 miles 74 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2020
- Next assessment due: May 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 125
- Trains per day: 183
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: North Wiltshire
Civil Parish/community: Royal Wootton Bassett
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Royal Wootton Bassett South
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.