Chandlers Level Crossing
Chandlers Level Crossing Location Map
Chandlers Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3709 / 51°22'15"N
Longitude: 1.22 / 1°13'12"E
OS Eastings: 624218
OS Northings: 168461
OS Grid: TR242684
Mapcode National: GBR VYF.WTQ
Mapcode Global: VHLG4.3SBX
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Chandlers Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Chandlers
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: Canterbury District (B)
- Postcode: CT7 0QN
- Route: Kent
- ELR: VIR0
- Distance: 67 miles 17 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: November 2020
- Next assessment due: February 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90
- Trains per day: 88
- 9 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of Users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Canterbury City Council
County Council Electoral Division: Herne Bay
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: North Thanet
District Council Ward: Reculver
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.