Channel Level Crossing
St Nicholas At Wade, Kent
Channel Level Crossing Location Map
Channel Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3719 / 51°22'18"N
Longitude: 1.2329 / 1°13'58"E
OS Eastings: 625106
OS Northings: 168614
OS Grid: TR251686
Mapcode National: GBR VYG.SN6
Mapcode Global: VHLG4.BS34
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Channel Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Channel
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: St. Nicholas At Wade CP
- Postcode: CT7 0QN
- Route: Kent
- ELR: VIR
- Distance: 67 miles 62 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2014
- Next assessment due: July 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 98
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
County Council Electoral Division: Birchington and Villages
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: North Thanet
European Region: South East
Civil Parish/community: St Nicholas At Wade
District Council: Thanet District Council
District Council Ward: Thanet Villages
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.