Chapel Level Crossing
Chapel Level Crossing Location Map
Chapel Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.4055 / 50°24'19"N
Longitude: -5.0398 / 5°2'23"W
OS Eastings: 184096
OS Northings: 60600
OS Grid: SW840606
Mapcode National: GBR ZF.MKCW
Mapcode Global: FRA 07BZ.8DY
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Chapel Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Chapel
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Open Crossing
- Location: Newquay CP
- Postcode: TR8 4NZ
- Route: Western
- ELR: NEW
- Distance: 300 miles 55 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 35 mph
- Trains per day: 12
- 135 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- No key risk drivers identified
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority: Cornwall Council
Civil Parish/community: Newquay
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: St Austell and Newquay
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): St Mawgan and Colan
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.