Cockhill Level Crossing
Castle Cary, Somerset
Cockhill Level Crossing Location Map
Cockhill Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0852 / 51°5'6"N
Longitude: -2.5348 / 2°32'5"W
OS Eastings: 362638
OS Northings: 131900
OS Grid: ST626319
Mapcode National: GBR MT.CTWX
Mapcode Global: FRA 56L8.0B0
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Cockhill Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Cockhill
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Castle Cary CP
- Postcode: BA7 7NP
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: WEY
- Distance: 130 miles 61 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 25
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Cary
Civil Parish/community: Castle Cary
County Council Electoral Division: Castle Cary
County Council: Somerset County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Somerton and Frome
District Council: South Somerset District Council
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.