Common Lane Level Crossing
Common Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Common Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.433 / 52°25'58"N
Longitude: 1.5565 / 1°33'23"E
OS Eastings: 641853
OS Northings: 287617
OS Grid: TM418876
Mapcode National: GBR XMR.JB6
Mapcode Global: VHM6Q.X3PQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Common Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Common Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Weston CP
- Postcode: NR348LQ
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK
- Distance: 107 miles 20 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2013
- Next assessment due: September 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 33
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2013), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Bungay
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Suffolk County Council
District Council Ward: Wainford
UK Parliament Constituency: Waveney
District Council: Waveney District Council
Civil Parish/community: Weston
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.