Cornard Level Crossing
Great Cornard, Suffolk
Cornard Level Crossing Location Map
Cornard Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.0259 / 52°1'33"N
Longitude: 0.7432 / 0°44'35"E
OS Eastings: 588298
OS Northings: 239938
OS Grid: TL882399
Mapcode National: GBR RJW.W65
Mapcode Global: VHKF9.TBRS
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Cornard Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Cornard
- Crossing Type: Private Automatic Barriers
- Location: Great Cornard CP
- Postcode: CO100JA
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: SUD
- Distance: 57 miles 42 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2015
- Next assessment due: January 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 38
- 360 Vehicles
- 270 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- RD Visibility
- Crossing Approach
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Babergh District Council
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Great Cornard
County Council Electoral Division: Great Cornard
District Council Ward: Great Cornard North
UK Parliament Constituency: South Suffolk
County Council: Suffolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.