Crescent Road Level Crossing
Crescent Road Level Crossing Location Map
Crescent Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.6294 / 53°37'45"N
Longitude: -3.0186 / 3°1'6"W
OS Eastings: 332738
OS Northings: 415245
OS Grid: SD327152
Mapcode National: GBR 7VCG.8P
Mapcode Global: WH867.L1SG
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Crescent Road Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Crescent Road
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Sefton District (B)
- Postcode: PR8 2LH
- Route: London North West
- ELR: HXS3
- Distance: 16 miles 76 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: October 2015
- Next assessment due: January 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 146
- 4617 Vehicles
- 162 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Crossing Approach
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Half barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
Metropolitan District Ward: Duke's
European Region: North West
Metropolitan District: Sefton Borough Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Southport
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.