Crofton Level Crossing
Great Bedwyn, Wiltshire
Crofton Level Crossing Location Map
Crofton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3609 / 51°21'39"N
Longitude: -1.6221 / 1°37'19"W
OS Eastings: 426407
OS Northings: 162495
OS Grid: SU264624
Mapcode National: GBR 5Z9.QQ4
Mapcode Global: VHC23.T2T1
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Crofton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Crofton
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Minature Stop lights
- Location: Wiltshire
- Postcode: SN8 3DW
- Route: Western
- ELR: BHL
- Distance: 68 miles 4 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2013
- Next assessment due: September 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 69
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Burbage and The Bedwyns
UK Parliament Constituency: Devizes
Civil Parish/community: Great Bedwyn
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.