Downham Market Station Level Crossing
Downham Market, Norfolk
Downham Market Station Level Crossing Location Map
Downham Market Station Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.6037 / 52°36'13"N
Longitude: 0.3654 / 0°21'55"E
OS Eastings: 560284
OS Northings: 303282
OS Grid: TF602032
Mapcode National: GBR N5F.P7J
Mapcode Global: WHJPS.LT7B
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Downham Market Station Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Downham Market Station
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manually Controlled Barriers
- Location: Downham Market CP
- Postcode: PE389EP
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK0
- Distance: 86 miles 4 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
3 (Very High)
- Last assessment: November 2020
- Next assessment due: February 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75
- Trains per day: 76
- 5378 Vehicles
- 1589 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Poor Visibility for Aapproaching Road Vehicles
- Crossing is Near a Station
- Crossing Approach
- Large Numbers of Users
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- Controlled by Signaller
- Road traffic light signals
- Full barrier equipment
- Audible alarm
Civil Parish/community: Downham Market
County Council Electoral Division: Downham Market
District Council Ward: Downham Old Town
European Region: Eastern
District Council: King's Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council
County Council: Norfolk County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Norfolk
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.