East Dean Level Crossing
East Dean, Hampshire
East Dean Level Crossing Location Map
East Dean Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0412 / 51°2'28"N
Longitude: -1.6196 / 1°37'10"W
OS Eastings: 426767
OS Northings: 126939
OS Grid: SU267269
Mapcode National: GBR 635.RB8
Mapcode Global: FRA 76HC.GVT
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of East Dean Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: East Dean
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: East Dean CP
- Postcode: SP5 1HA
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: RTJ2
- Distance: 87 miles 40 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2014
- Next assessment due: May 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 103
- 16 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Dun Valley
Civil Parish/community: East Dean
County Council: Hampshire County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Romsey and Southampton North
European Region: South East
District Council: Test Valley Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Test Valley Central
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.