East Dean Level Crossing
East Dean Level Crossing Location Map
East Dean Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1635 / 51°9'48"N
Longitude: 0.656 / 0°39'21"E
OS Eastings: 585801
OS Northings: 143822
OS Grid: TQ858438
Mapcode National: GBR QTW.YG3
Mapcode Global: VHJN2.B04X
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of East Dean Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: East Dean
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Headcorn CP
- Postcode: TN279HP
- Route: Kent
- ELR: XTD
- Distance: 46 miles 38 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 92
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Faversham and Mid Kent
Civil Parish/community: Headcorn
District Council Ward: Headcorn
County Council: Kent County Council
District Council: Maidstone Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Maidstone Rural East
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.