Ellands 3 Level Crossing
Ellands 3 Level Crossing Location Map
Ellands 3 Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 57.5947 / 57°35'41"N
Longitude: -3.7523 / 3°45'8"W
OS Eastings: 295355
OS Northings: 857430
OS Grid: NH953574
Mapcode National: GBR K83N.7WS
Mapcode Global: WH5H8.BCFN
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Ellands 3 Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Ellands 3
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: IV125QG
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: ANI3
- Distance: 124 miles 23 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2015
- Next assessment due: June 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 26
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Inverness and Nairn
UK Parliament Constituency: Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Nairn
European Region: Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.