Elstob Level Crossing
Elstob Level Crossing Location Map
Elstob Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 54.6196 / 54°37'10"N
Longitude: -1.4682 / 1°28'5"W
OS Eastings: 434436
OS Northings: 525064
OS Grid: NZ344250
Mapcode National: GBR LH50.YS
Mapcode Global: WHD6P.F42X
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Elstob Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Elstob
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Mordon CP
- Postcode: TS212HE
- Route: London North East
- ELR: STF0
- Distance: 5 miles 74 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2020
- Next assessment due: April 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50
- Trains per day: 14
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority: Durham County Council
Civil Parish/community: Mordon
European Region: North East
UK Parliament Constituency: Sedgefield
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Sedgefield
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.