Falstaff Level Crossing
Falstaff Level Crossing Location Map
Falstaff Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.9947 / 51°59'40"N
Longitude: 1.0891 / 1°5'20"E
OS Eastings: 612174
OS Northings: 237424
OS Grid: TM121374
Mapcode National: GBR TND.S76
Mapcode Global: VHLC4.T4N5
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Falstaff Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Falstaff
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Bentley CP
- Postcode: IP9 2BU
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: LTN1
- Distance: 63 miles 43 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2014
- Next assessment due: May 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 286
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
District Council: Babergh District Council
Civil Parish/community: Bentley
District Council Ward: Dodnash
European Region: Eastern
County Council Electoral Division: Samford
UK Parliament Constituency: South Suffolk
County Council: Suffolk County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.