Freeby Level Crossing
Freeby Level Crossing Location Map
Freeby Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.763 / 52°45'46"N
Longitude: -0.8126 / 0°48'45"W
OS Eastings: 480221
OS Northings: 319039
OS Grid: SK802190
Mapcode National: GBR CQ9.RD0
Mapcode Global: WHFK1.HT85
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Freeby Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Freeby
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Freeby CP
- Postcode: LE142SH
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: GSM2
- Distance: 102 miles 14 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2020
- Next assessment due: July 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80
- Trains per day: 81
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Belvoir
European Region: East Midlands
Civil Parish/community: Freeby
County Council: Leicestershire County Council
District Council: Melton Borough Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Rutland and Melton
District Council Ward: Wymondham
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.