Gambols Farm Level Crossing
Gambols Farm Level Crossing Location Map
Gambols Farm Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.6079 / 51°36'28"N
Longitude: -1.9127 / 1°54'45"W
OS Eastings: 406144
OS Northings: 189896
OS Grid: SU061898
Mapcode National: GBR 3SC.38H
Mapcode Global: VHB34.SVQ8
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Gambols Farm Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Gambols Farm
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Purton CP
- Postcode: SN5 0AD
- Route: Western
- ELR: SWM
- Distance: 83 miles 57 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2014
- Next assessment due: April 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 39
- 1 Vehicles
- 1 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: North Wiltshire
Civil Parish/community: Purton
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Purton
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.