Gramshaw Road Level Crossing
Gramshaw Road Level Crossing Location Map
Gramshaw Road Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0738 / 51°4'25"N
Longitude: -1.8201 / 1°49'12"W
OS Eastings: 412700
OS Northings: 130515
OS Grid: SU127305
Mapcode National: GBR 516.NMW
Mapcode Global: FRA 7628.W77
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Gramshaw Road Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Gramshaw Road
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Salisbury CP
- Postcode: SP2 7JR
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BAE2
- Distance: 84 miles 22 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2015
- Next assessment due: July 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 115
- 75 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 3 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Salisbury
Civil Parish/community: Salisbury
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Salisbury Fisherton and Bemerton Village
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.