Hegg Hill Level Crossing
Hegg Hill Level Crossing Location Map
Hegg Hill Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1617 / 51°9'42"N
Longitude: 0.6784 / 0°40'42"E
OS Eastings: 587378
OS Northings: 143687
OS Grid: TQ873436
Mapcode National: GBR QV3.4BF
Mapcode Global: VHJN2.Q217
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hegg Hill Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hegg Hill
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Smarden CP
- Postcode: TN278NX
- Route: Kent
- ELR: XTD
- Distance: 47 miles 36 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 92
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Ashford
District Council: Ashford Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Ashford Rural West
County Council: Kent County Council
Civil Parish/community: Smarden
European Region: South East
District Council Ward: Weald North
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.