Helpston Level Crossing
Helpston Level Crossing Location Map
Helpston Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.6361 / 52°38'10"N
Longitude: -0.3304 / 0°19'49"W
OS Eastings: 513084
OS Northings: 305572
OS Grid: TF130055
Mapcode National: GBR GXH.M9J
Mapcode Global: WHGLZ.WZVY
- Name: Helpston
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Helpston CP
- Postcode: PE6 7DL
- Route: London North East
- ELR: ECM1
- Distance: 81 miles 70 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
3 (Very High)
- Last assessment: November 2014
- Next assessment due: February 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 125 mph
- Trains per day: 293
- 2727 Vehicles
- 14 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Frequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Barnack
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Helpston
UK Parliament Constituency: North West Cambridgeshire
Unitary Authority: Peterborough City Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.