Hewish Footpath Level Crossing
West Crewkerne, Somerset
Hewish Footpath Level Crossing Location Map
Hewish Footpath Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8678 / 50°52'4"N
Longitude: -2.8274 / 2°49'38"W
OS Eastings: 341870
OS Northings: 107919
OS Grid: ST418079
Mapcode National: GBR MD.TRHP
Mapcode Global: FRA 46ZT.096
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hewish Footpath Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hewish Footpath
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: West Crewkerne CP
- Postcode: TA188PP
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BAE2
- Distance: 133 miles 73 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2015
- Next assessment due: July 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 35
- 1 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Crewkerne
County Council: Somerset County Council
District Council: South Somerset District Council
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: West Crewkerne
District Council Ward: Windwhistle
UK Parliament Constituency: Yeovil
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.