Hewish Level Crossing
West Crewkerne, Somerset
Hewish Level Crossing Location Map
Hewish Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8663 / 50°51'58"N
Longitude: -2.8285 / 2°49'42"W
OS Eastings: 341791
OS Northings: 107746
OS Grid: ST417077
Mapcode National: GBR MD.TR7G
Mapcode Global: FRA 46YT.CVC
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hewish Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hewish
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: West Crewkerne CP
- Postcode: TA188PP
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BAE2
- Distance: 134 miles 4 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2020
- Next assessment due: August 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85
- Trains per day: 38
- 56 Vehicles
- 6 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2013), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Road traffic light signals
- Half barrier equipment
- Audible alarm
County Council Electoral Division: Crewkerne
County Council: Somerset County Council
District Council: South Somerset District Council
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: West Crewkerne
District Council Ward: Windwhistle
UK Parliament Constituency: Yeovil
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.