Hookway Level Crossing
Crediton Hamlets, Devon
Hookway Level Crossing Location Map
Hookway Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.7801 / 50°46'48"N
Longitude: -3.6311 / 3°37'52"W
OS Eastings: 285100
OS Northings: 99105
OS Grid: SX851991
Mapcode National: GBR QP.H2S2
Mapcode Global: FRA 3780.Z2B
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hookway Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hookway
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Crediton Hamlets CP
- Postcode: EX173PW
- Route: Western
- ELR: DAC
- Distance: 178 miles 42 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2015
- Next assessment due: June 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 28
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Central Devon
Civil Parish/community: Crediton Hamlets
County Council Electoral Division: Crediton Rural
County Council: Devon County Council
District Council: Mid Devon District Council
European Region: South West
District Council Ward: Yeo
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.