Howsham Station Level Crossing
Cadney, North Lincolnshire
Howsham Station Level Crossing Location Map
Howsham Station Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.5239 / 53°31'25"N
Longitude: -0.4124 / 0°24'44"W
OS Eastings: 505346
OS Northings: 404193
OS Grid: TA053041
Mapcode National: GBR TWKP.JJ
Mapcode Global: WHGGP.MPTD
- Name: Howsham Station
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Cadney CP
- Postcode: LN7 6JY
- Route: London North East
- ELR: NOB3
- Distance: 16 miles 17 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2015
- Next assessment due: January 2019
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 42
- 32 Vehicles
- 3 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Half barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
Civil Parish/community: Cadney
Unitary Authority: North Lincolnshire Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Ridge
UK Parliament Constituency: Scunthorpe
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.