Hyde Level Crossing
Maiden Newton, Dorset
Hyde Level Crossing Location Map
Hyde Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.7603 / 50°45'36"N
Longitude: -2.5434 / 2°32'36"W
OS Eastings: 361770
OS Northings: 95771
OS Grid: SY617957
Mapcode National: GBR PV.RH63
Mapcode Global: FRA 57K2.GZB
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Hyde Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Hyde
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Maiden Newton CP
- Postcode: DT2 0BY
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: WEY0
- Distance: 155 miles 78 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2020
- Next assessment due: July 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75
- Trains per day: 16
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Dorset County Council
Civil Parish/community: Maiden Newton
District Council Ward: Maiden Newton
European Region: South West
County Council Electoral Division: Three Valleys
UK Parliament Constituency: West Dorset
District Council: West Dorset District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.