Johnstown Level Crossing
Johnstown Level Crossing Location Map
Johnstown Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.0122 / 53°0'43"N
Longitude: -3.0336 / 3°2'1"W
OS Eastings: 330748
OS Northings: 346597
OS Grid: SJ307465
Mapcode National: GBR 74.G7M1
Mapcode Global: WH894.CKN4
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Johnstown Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Johnstown
- Crossing Type: status unknown Footpath Crossing
- Location: Ruabon Community
- Postcode: LL141YE
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 41
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: 4 in 12 month prior to assessment (Jan-2015) - 1 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 in year to (Jan-2015) - 0 since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- User Misuses
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approach in one direction - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Clwyd South
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Clwyd South
Welsh Assembly Region: North Wales
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Ruabon
Civil Parish/community: Ruabon Community
European Region: Wales
Unitary Authority: Wrexham Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.