Kirkton Level Crossing
East Sutherland and Edderton, Highland
Kirkton Level Crossing Location Map
Kirkton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 57.96 / 57°57'35"N
Longitude: -4.0327 / 4°1'57"W
OS Eastings: 279822
OS Northings: 898551
OS Grid: NH798985
Mapcode National: GBR J7DP.KHC
Mapcode Global: WH4D8.06Y4
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Kirkton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Kirkton
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: KW106TA
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: WCK
- Distance: 82 miles 44 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2013
- Next assessment due: August 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 9
- 216 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (May-2013), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Ross
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): East Sutherland and Edderton
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
European Region: Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.