Long Byre Level Crossing
Long Byre Level Crossing Location Map
Long Byre Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 54.9902 / 54°59'24"N
Longitude: -2.5396 / 2°32'22"W
OS Eastings: 365568
OS Northings: 566308
OS Grid: NY655663
Mapcode National: GBR BBPQ.ZY
Mapcode Global: WH90T.YTTV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Long Byre Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Long Byre
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Thirlwall CP
- Postcode: CA8 7HS
- Route: London North East
- ELR: NEC2
- Distance: 41 miles 5 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2020
- Next assessment due: September 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60
- Trains per day: 47
- 81 Vehicles
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- No Specific Risk Drivers Identified
- Current protection arrangements:
- Road traffic light signals
- Half barrier equipment
- Audible alarm
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Haydon and Hadrian
UK Parliament Constituency: Hexham
European Region: North East
Unitary Authority: Northumberland County Council
Civil Parish/community: Thirlwall
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.