Lydd Level Crossing
Lydd Level Crossing Location Map
Lydd Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9503 / 50°57'0"N
Longitude: 0.9293 / 0°55'45"E
OS Eastings: 605852
OS Northings: 120845
OS Grid: TR058208
Mapcode National: GBR T0M.7SZ
Mapcode Global: FRA D6TL.RVG
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Lydd Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Lydd
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Lydd CP
- Postcode: TN299QL
- Route: Kent
- ELR: APL
- Distance: 72 miles 28 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
12 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: February 2014
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 20 mph
- Trains per day: 1
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Folkestone and Hythe
County Council: Kent County Council
Civil Parish/community: Lydd
County Council Electoral Division: Romney Marsh
District Council: Shepway District Council
European Region: South East
District Council Ward: Walland & Denge Marsh
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.