Lydd Town Level Crossing
Lydd Town Level Crossing Location Map
Lydd Town Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9572 / 50°57'25"N
Longitude: 0.9167 / 0°55'0"E
OS Eastings: 604936
OS Northings: 121578
OS Grid: TR049215
Mapcode National: GBR T0D.YC3
Mapcode Global: FRA D6TL.0Z0
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Lydd Town Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Lydd Town
- Crossing Type: Private Estate Manned Gates
- Location: Lydd CP
- Postcode: TN299LP
- Route: Kent
- ELR: APL
- Distance: 71 miles 51 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 5 mph
- Trains per day: 1
- 15 Vehicles
- 21 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Infrequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Folkestone and Hythe
County Council: Kent County Council
Civil Parish/community: Lydd
County Council Electoral Division: Romney Marsh
District Council: Shepway District Council
European Region: South East
District Council Ward: Walland & Denge Marsh
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.