Melksham Level Crossing
Melksham Without, Wiltshire
Melksham Level Crossing Location Map
Melksham Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3896 / 51°23'22"N
Longitude: -2.1464 / 2°8'46"W
OS Eastings: 389911
OS Northings: 165624
OS Grid: ST899656
Mapcode National: GBR 1RX.XV2
Mapcode Global: VH96Q.RB5L
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Melksham Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Melksham
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Melksham Without CP
- Postcode: SN127PU
- Route: Western
- ELR: WEY
- Distance: 99 miles 41 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2015
- Next assessment due: July 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 39
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Chippenham
Civil Parish/community: Melksham Without
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Melksham Without North
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.