Methley North Level Crossing
Kippax and Methley, Leeds
Methley North Level Crossing Location Map
Methley North Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.7407 / 53°44'26"N
Longitude: -1.4148 / 1°24'53"W
OS Eastings: 438698
OS Northings: 427308
OS Grid: SE386273
Mapcode National: GBR LTK5.HS
Mapcode Global: WHDBZ.77KM
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Methley North Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Methley North
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Minature Stop lights
- Location: Leeds District (B)
- Postcode: LS269ES
- Route: London North East
- ELR: TJC3
- Distance: 188 miles 31 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2014
- Next assessment due: September 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 200
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Elmet and Rothwell
Metropolitan District Ward: Kippax and Methley
Metropolitan District: Leeds City Council
European Region: Yorkshire and the Humber
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.