Mona Level Crossing
Mona Level Crossing Location Map
Mona Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.265 / 53°15'54"N
Longitude: -3.9599 / 3°57'35"W
OS Eastings: 269376
OS Northings: 376015
OS Grid: SH693760
Mapcode National: GBR 0ZSP.H9
Mapcode Global: WH544.46L9
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Mona Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Mona
- Crossing Type: Used By Rail Staff User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Llanfairfechan Community
- Postcode: LL330PT
- Route: Wales
- ELR: CNH3
- Distance: 230 miles 63 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2014
- Next assessment due: March 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 64
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
UK Parliament Constituency: Aberconwy
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Aberconwy
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Bryn
Unitary Authority: Conwy Council
Civil Parish/community: Llanfairfechan Community
Welsh Assembly Region: North Wales
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.