Mount Bures Level Crossing
Mount Bures, Essex
Mount Bures Level Crossing Location Map
Mount Bures Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.9602 / 51°57'36"N
Longitude: 0.7745 / 0°46'28"E
OS Eastings: 590721
OS Northings: 232713
OS Grid: TL907327
Mapcode National: GBR RKW.4M1
Mapcode Global: VHKFJ.CZSQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Mount Bures Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Mount Bures
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: ESSEX COUNTY
- Postcode: CO8 5AL
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: SUD
- Distance: 52 miles 60 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 50 mph
- Trains per day: 38
- 810 Vehicles
- 81 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - 4 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- RD Visibility
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Colchester Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Constable
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
District Council Ward: Great Tey
UK Parliament Constituency: Harwich and North Essex
Civil Parish/community: Mount Bures
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.