New Barn Level Crossing
Eastergate, West Sussex
New Barn Level Crossing Location Map
New Barn Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8309 / 50°49'51"N
Longitude: -0.6563 / 0°39'22"W
OS Eastings: 494724
OS Northings: 104340
OS Grid: SU947043
Mapcode National: GBR FJ8.WCX
Mapcode Global: FRA 96JW.S69
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of New Barn Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: New Barn
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: Eastergate CP
- Postcode: PO203SQ
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: TBH2
- Distance: 23 miles 7 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2015
- Next assessment due: March 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 188
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Gates Open
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Arundel and South Downs
District Council: Arun District Council
District Council Ward: Barnham
Civil Parish/community: Eastergate
County Council Electoral Division: Fontwell
European Region: South East
County Council: West Sussex County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.