North Fen Level Crossing
North Fen Level Crossing Location Map
North Fen Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.4409 / 52°26'27"N
Longitude: 0.2588 / 0°15'31"E
OS Eastings: 553631
OS Northings: 284945
OS Grid: TL536849
Mapcode National: GBR M5X.SB0
Mapcode Global: VHHJ0.FXP6
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of North Fen Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: North Fen
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Downham CP
- Postcode: CB6 2UG
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: EMP0
- Distance: 74 miles 79 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2020
- Next assessment due: December 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75
- Trains per day: 171
- 31 Vehicles
- 6 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Road traffic light signals
- Half barrier equipment
- Audible alarm
County Council: Cambridgeshire County Council
Civil Parish/community: Downham
District Council Ward: Downham Villages
District Council: East Cambridgeshire District Council
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: North East Cambridgeshire
County Council Electoral Division: Sutton
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.