North Wall Level Crossing
North Wall Level Crossing Location Map
North Wall Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2311 / 51°13'52"N
Longitude: 1.3933 / 1°23'36"E
OS Eastings: 636997
OS Northings: 153465
OS Grid: TR369534
Mapcode National: GBR X1Q.R34
Mapcode Global: VHMDG.3BG2
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of North Wall Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: North Wall
- Crossing Type: Public Highway User worked Crossing with Minature Stop lights
- Location: Deal CP
- Postcode: CT146PP
- Route: Kent
- ELR: BME2
- Distance: 90 miles 9 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 60
- 1 Vehicles
- 20 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 4 incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Low Sighting Time
- Gates Open
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Deal
County Council Electoral Division: Deal
UK Parliament Constituency: Dover
District Council: Dover District Council
County Council: Kent County Council
District Council Ward: Middle Deal and Sholden
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.