Oakham Station Level Crossing
Oakham Station Level Crossing Location Map
Oakham Station Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.6711 / 52°40'16"N
Longitude: -0.7342 / 0°44'3"W
OS Eastings: 485688
OS Northings: 308907
OS Grid: SK856089
Mapcode National: GBR CRL.F68
Mapcode Global: WHFKN.P4K2
- Name: Oakham Station
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Oakham CP
- Postcode: LE156QE
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: GSM2
- Distance: 93 miles 54 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 81
- 9368 Vehicles
- 2226 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 137 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - 156 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Crossing is near station
- Large Numbers of users
- Frequent Trains
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: East Midlands
Civil Parish/community: Oakham
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Oakham North West
UK Parliament Constituency: Rutland and Melton
Unitary Authority: Rutland County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.